Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Looking At Schizphrenics in a Different View

While sitting in English class on the computer patiently waiting for the bell to ring,I'm searching the web for info about Schizophrenics and they way they live there lives in a normal day.I come across a website called Schizophrenic.com. It has blogs from real schizophrenics and they tell how there lives are in the year 2008.They tell how hard it is to live with the disease.It has a lot of great stories, that expand my knowledge about schizophrenia.
What happens to to people who have schizophrenia? The course of schizophrenia varies from person to person ,although it is usually a long illness,one out of four people are diagnosed with schizophrenia eventually have a full recovery.Half recover at least partly, and one out of four requires long terms care.During stressful times of life,symptoms may become more of a problem.These periods of increase symptoms,called relapses,may been enough to hospitalized if necessary.

______________________________
"Personal Blogs on Coping With Schizophrenia." Schizophrenia.com 13 12 2008 14 05 2008 http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/005852.html.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Ty'Shaunna, but as I read your post I was a little confused because not once you told me what exactly is this "schizophrenic" your talking about? I can't even pronounce it so I have no clue of what it is. You did say something about it being a diease but you haven't told me what kind of diease, you did mention important information about it but, what is it?

reniya f. said...

Nice job on this post you knew how to explain this disease in your own words and how to quote from the site you did research on, even though it wasnt pointed out as a quote I can still understand that it was quoted from the site.

$hakira M. said...

Nice job telling your story I likke how you put a picture in my head. I also like how you pointed out how schizphrenic varies from person to person.

Mr. Malley said...

Ty...you mention the stories of schizophrenics, but you don't share any. As a reader I expect this type of information.