Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finding Out My Career...Before The Search

For the past year I've been figuring out what I wanted to do for my career. I would ask people what was their career and what exactly did they do. One day my aunt was talking to me about what she do and I became quite interested. My youngest aunt is a social worker working with the youth at a detention center. She explained to me what she do and what you can do with certain degree's such as your Master's and if you become licensed. As I listened to her I started to think if I wanted to go to college and take up this exciting major. Well, a few months ago I've decided for sure that I wanted to go to college to get my Master's Degree in Social Work and become a licensed social worker as well.

So far I know if you receive your Master's Degree in Social Work you can work for outstanding agencies with excellent benefits. I also know you can become a supervisor depending on how long you work with the Master's. When you become licensed you can work as an therapist which is a person who open's up their own private practice and hire their own clients or have clients sent to them.

My question is, How would you go about starting your own private practice? Is there a good or certain location to open it up at? How would you go about hiring employees? What exactly do you do to get your own clients? Is it better to go into a private practice by yourself or with a partner? and After going to Grad School to get your Master's Degree do you automatically get your licensed?

No comments: