Friday, April 25, 2008

Wondering How Can I Hire Employees..

Just the other week I was sitting down and I started to think about when I open up my practice in social work what should I do about hiring employees. What exactly would be my first step, so I decided to get back on the internet and started searching. First went to answers.com and unfortunately I had no luck, then I thought to myself that I should go to Google and type in "my first step in hiring employees for my private practice. With Google I had a great deal of luck!


Searching for my answer I found quite a bit of internet sources such as money.com,and federalgovernmentjobs.htm. I've learned I can put up jobs openings on the internet, in the newspapers and signs such as Billboards. Unfortunately it's not as easy as it sound. First I would have to gain knowledge about the law as far as consulting with a lawyer to let me know what I can do legally and what I can't do legally. I would always have to write about how much they make an hour and what their annual salary should be, but before hiring any employees I would have to get an Employment Idenification Number EIN, this will be used to report taxes and important documents to the IRS. There are many forms that I have to get inorder to hire anybody for example, an form called the I-9 will will let me know that candidate can work in the United States legally.

Also go to my states Reporting Program within 20days to inform them that I have hired someone new. All employees are intitled to have compensation which is if you where to get hurt and had to take time off of work to recover they will still get paid even though they haven't been working. I've realized there are many to steps to start your own business and hiring employees. Different states have different rules and regulations for both big and small businesses










"Ten Steps to Hiring Your First Employee." A Guide for New Employers 04/15/2008 26 04 2008 http://www.business.gov/guides/employment/managing/first_employee.html.











Field, Ann. "5 steps to hiring right." The Ultimate Small-Business Resource Guide June 1 2007: 6:09 AM EDT 26 04 2008 .

No comments: