Thursday, April 17, 2008

On The Journey Of Doing Research...

I began, seaching by going to Google and typing in my Essential Question " How would you go about starting your own private practice?" There were a lot of options to choose from so I started to go to the websites and gather information. I've learned in order to get your own private practice you have to have experience in supervising, take classes, and be supervised by an mental health supervisor for numerous hours at a time ( "Linsley" ). You can start your own private practice once you receive your Master's but only if you live in New York or Minnesota
( "Linsley" ), In some states it is required and recommended that you have at least two years of supervised post-marked experienced for new private clinicians ( "Young"). Even though I don't want to hear it more practitioners recommend more experience ( " Linsley" ). In order for me to become Certified, I would need an R number, and six years of psychotherapy experience.

The annual income for an therapist is $90,000+/ year but only if I charge $75 per session and be open for 30 hours per week. I can make a pretty good earning without killing myself, I also would get paid from the insurance company on an average of about $40 and from my reimbursement between $65 and $85 per session. At the same time it's not all about money to me, yeah I want to do good financially but I also want to make a difference in peoples life's and help them out whenever they need. Especially the youth, the youth now days don't really have a positive role model in their life and one that can give them the proper guidance. I fill the need to be in someones life since I had numerous of people who influenced me and was the there for me when I needed it.



Linsley, Jeann. "The Business of Starting a Private Practice." The New Social Worker Vol. 3, No. 2Fall 1996, 18 04 2008 .

No comments: