Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Men Abuse Women

As I do more research I began to wonder why men beat women. I found that sometimes it could be a simple matter. Perhaps she failed to empty the lint from the filter in the clothes dryer or maybe dinner wasn't just right or may she decided to go shopping with her friends without telling her spouse beforehand. Maybe nothing happened at all. He just beat her. (Witter, Jim)

Sadly 1 in 11 high school students report being physically hurt by a date. Abuse can sometimes be mistaken for intense feelings or caring or concern. Signs that friends are being abused are unexplained bruises broken bones sprains or marks. Excessive guilt or shame for no apparent reason. Secrecy or withdrawel from friends and family. Avoidance of school or social events with excuses that seem to make no sense (Michelle New, PhD)

new, michelle. "abusive relationships." 00 11 2007 30 04 2008 .

witter, .Jim. "men who beat women believe they are justified."

4 comments:

Ty'Shaunna said...

Hey Shakira this is a very true mate in life that a lot of young teens go through.i have seen alot of teens and adults be abused in my life.Peronalty my cousin and her boyfriend .i was young but aware of everything.I'm looking forward to read your next post.

Anonymous said...

$hakira, what immediately caught my eye was your title because this is a major issue in the world and you simply put it out there and got to the point "Why Men Abuse Women" and I really like the title. What I liked about your post is that you put examples of the lame excuses men have of beating women and what I really like is that you can tell you did actual research of the mater, the only thing that I would say is missing is your over all opinion of the matter.

reniya f. said...

This is a topic that I wouldve wanted to use as my topic because it is interesting and your post just made me even more interested. The way you word things about abuse just makes me want to defend myself if a boy or man tries to put they dirty nasty hands on me. But anyways you did a good job with this post on this particular topic.

Anonymous said...

that is a good qustion! there shouldt be any reason of a man hitting a women no matter the circomstance. expecally because of the stupid reasons you mentioned not changing the lin trap come on now its really dumb but yea good qustion