Thursday, April 10, 2008

Escape the pain of abuse

I notice my friend always wears long sleeve shirts even in the summer time. I always wondered why until one day she rolled her sleeves up she had bruises all over her arms. She quickly rolled her sleeves down. When I asked her was she Ok she said it was nothing. I just left it alone until I started to see marks on her face.When i asked her what was going on she said her stepdad abused her.I tried to take her to get help but she refuses.The biggest thought in my mind is why wouldnt she want to get help. I wondered why would he harm her like this? Who would do something like this to a person? I dont know much about abuse but I do know that no one deserves to be abused.

The reason I would want to help her escape abuse not only because she is my friend but because I dont want the pain to drive her to do something like suicide. I wonder how can I help a friend escape from the pain?

No comments: