Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Reflection on Schizophrenia

Finding the answer to my question was a bit difficult.How to help people cope with Schizophrenia?I searched the web day by day for answers. I never knew the internet had so much good info. about everything in the world.I went to a lot of different websites to find my answer but I finally found it at Schizophrenia/blogs.com.I read some of the comments that was posted on The Wife of a Schizophrenic.The wife's husband killed some one and they are trying to make a sentence for him.Some people think that a disorder is not a reason to kill or comment a crime.Others think he shouldn't get any time but most of them think he should.I think he should get time but not in a jail.He should be in a psychiatric home and try to get help.
I learned that Schizophrenia is not a disease it is a disorder.Schizophrenia and other serious brain disorders are an extreme challenge not onlyfor the person afficted,but for the entire family.Schizophrenics should go to support groups to cope with there disorder.There families should help more and do more for them.Help schizophrenics make a blog on the internet about there disorder it may help them deal with the disorder.Significant research has shown that there are psychological and social factors that are strongly linked to increased risk of schizophrenia. A study completed last summer looked at the incidence of schizophrenia in the pacific islands of Micronesia and found significant variation in the rates of schizophrenia.The main difference between a man’s brain and a woman's brain has to do with how certain structures and circuits treat emotion. These structures and circuits are usually more elaborate in a woman’s brain. Mendrek wanted to know how a schizophrenic’s brain would react to certain emotional stimuli.
This is what I learned on my search how to help others cope was the disorder Schizophrenia.



No comments: