Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ending my search of Schizophrenia

How can I help people cope with Schizophrenia?You have to treat them the way you want to be treated.Schizophrenic need there space.But try to help them out when ever you can.Make sure if you live with one make sure they take there meds.I talked to my stepfather's dad which was diagosed with schizophrenia when he was in his mid 20s.I gave him a little personal interview.I asked him how do he want to be treated.He told me that he hate people that act like he cant do for hiself like his daughter.He just wish he could be like everyone else.He cant get a job or anything.I feel that people with the disease should be able to work because thats only making the person with the disease feel worthless.
As I was searching the web for how to help others cope with schizphrenia, I came across a website called Schizophreics.healthdiaries.com. They had blogs from peoples families members that have to deal with the health problems of there families.A man named Charles whoes son has paranoid schizophrenia.he tryed to kill his family and the social service people.He in rehab right now but he still is a threat to himself and others.Charles says he is trying his best to cope and love is son to the best ability but times get real hard for him.

____________
Charles. "The Schizophrenia Blog." 24022008 1. 16052008



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do think that you research post is interesting. Although we have the same topic I like still like to read your post because we are also asking different type questions. I like how u get straight to the topic.

OliviaA said...

I think you have came a long way from your first post to now. Just by reading all of your post i have learn so much about "SCHIZOPHRENIA". I understand how you get it and where it come from.I also agree with you on the part that people with this disease should be able to have a job and live a normal life.I want to thank you for all the information you gave us on this topic.

reniya f. said...

very interesting topic to do research on and a good way to end your research good jobb Ms.Kenny