Friday, December 7, 2007

My Point Of View On The Character

Lakshmi is a real and believable young girl. She stayed true to her self no matter what the situation was. Everything Lakshmi was told she believed even the owner of the organization Mumtaz. Lakshmi knew what Mumtaz was doing was wrong but she still believed everything Mumtaz told her about paying off her debt to help her family and if she get thrown out into the street she will get beaten badly and the men will make her walk around naked. I can relate to some of Lakshmi's predicaments. Like being told something and I'll believe them but come to find out it was a lie. Through my 17 years of living family, friends, and just people around me have told me something or have promised me something and I would believe them but I would get disappointed in the long run. I have also been tricked into doing something or people would just try to have me believe that something I believe is wrong is right.
Lakshmi reminds me of myself and other people by being confused,mistreated,and tricked to a certain extent. Experiencing these features is depressing in a way because after a certain period of time you feel like you can't trust and rely on nobody.You can put all your trust in someone and they'll hurt you without you even noticing right away.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

As Fox Mulder was fond of saying, "trust no one." Sorry, had to get Xfiles geeky there. I'm sad you've lost your ability to trust, but then again to quote Wesley in Princess Bride, "life is pain, highness. Anyone who tells you different is selling something."