Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Comparing My Reactions To The Character

The character Lakshmi didn't react to the situation as I knew I would. Lakshmi and I are different as far as dealing with people of all ages. She was just letting people run over her telling her what to do and how to act. To me she wasn't being herself, in the story Lakshmi knew what she doing was wrong. She didn't stand up for herself like she should and certainly not how I would do. She also was being spit on and being taken advantage of and yet she never tried to stand up for herself.If that was me I would never let anyone spit on me and let them get away with it.I also wouldn't let anyone take advantage of me and make me have low self-esteem.
I didn't really find Lakshmi actions troubling,I just felt sorry for her and wondered why would she let people make her go against her will and do things she believe is wrong.To me she's not being true to herself and if you cant remain true to yourself then you cant be true to and with other people.I don't think Lakshmi actions are consistent with her character because she doesn't want to sleep with strange man and she also doesn't want to stay at that place.She know it's not a way for a young lady to act and carry theirself.The only reason why she's still going on with this is to help out her family SO SHE'S BEING TOLD!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Britt, very developed post. Do you think this character will finally be true to herself?