Thursday, December 6, 2007

My 1st Response on "big mouth ugly girl"

Oh my God this book is the most funniest book I ever read.The teens in this book are ridiculously mean to the other nerdy kids. But I think its funny. Stacey and her friends talks a lot of stuff about the kids in Grenoble high school. Stacey's mother tries to tell her that being mean to others will soon effect her and her friends. Stacey is very hardheaded.
Stacey is a very selfish, hardheaded teen. Unlike other teens she goes through a series of problems. Sometimes I feel bad for her. I see why she picks with the other kids.The setting takes
place in a rural area. Very quiet,grassy area,everyone knows everyone.I would hate living in this type of place I don't want people knowing me but that's just me I don't know about others.
I do find the main character very realist because i know alot of people like Stacey. Many of the teens at my school act like Stacey. They go through problems just like her.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Ty'Shaunna, that's quite the ringing endorsement. Teens are definitely mean. I think Oates wrote this partly in response to Columbine...she wanted to pose ideas relating to how we relate to each other.