Friday, December 14, 2007

A Hustlers Wife By. Nikki Turner pgs.1-120

If I were to ask the main character Yarni a question it would be, do you love all the men you are being in relationships with or are you dating them for the love of the money? The question I would ask the author would be, do the characters in this story relate to anyone in your life or relate to your life in any way at all?
The reason I asked the main character this question is because throughout the story she has been through over five different relationships ever since her husband went to jail. It seems like she is only dating these different men for their money because I believe all that she sees when she looks at them is dollar signs. I'm not saying she's a gold digger or anything it's just that she needs to find someone she loves and not to love them because they have money in their pockets.
I asked the author this question because it seems that she is pertaining the story to her life or the life of someone she knows. I say this because the way she says and puts things in the story it sound realistic and true.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

I'm not saying she's a gold digger

Thanks. They finally stopped playing that song and now you have to go and bring it up. Argh!

Reniya, I love the first part of your response, but I am kind of confused when you say "because the way she says and puts things in the story it sound realistic and true." What do you mean?